A person who pays at least $10,000 for an electioneering communication advocating the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate within 45 days of an election is required to file a report within 24 hours that includes:
- The name and address of the person paying for the electioneering communication,
- The name and address of each person who contributed over $100 for the purpose of an electioneering communication,
- The amount spent on the electioneering communication
- The name of the identified referenced candidate
- The medium used to disseminate the electioneering communication.
Any political action committee that fails to file its financial disclosure reports may be guilty of a class B misdemeanor and may be subject to a fine of $100. The Lt. Governor is required to report those who fail to file to the Attorney General.